[HTTPS-Everywhere] more rules mean more time

TRiG trig at iolfree.ie
Wed Mar 13 15:53:30 PDT 2013

On 12/03/13 14:49, Russell Golden wrote:
> Only part of the site is available encrypted. If this is the case,
> then they're Doing It Wrong, and I cannot fathom how that could be
> easier than just making the entire site available, but it happens more
> often than you would think. Sadly.

There are reasons. I've done the same. The site sells cameras, and the
chap who manages it likes to copy-paste in HTML from his suppliers.
Which means a lot of the image references are to other domains, most of
them HTTP. Which means that enabling HTTPS for the whole site would
produce mixed-content warnings. So for those pages which need SSL (login
and checkout) we ensure you're on HTTPS, and for other pages we redirect
in the other direction (if you request a product description page over
HTTPS, we redirect you to the HTTP version).

Sorry.

Timothy (TRiG)