[HTTPS-Everywhere] SciAm blogs

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Mon Jan 28 19:56:15 PST 2013

Someone pointed me to one of Scicurious' blog posts, and I noticed that
it seemed to be displaying with no CSS formatting. After eliminting
NoScript and AdBlock Plus as potential causes, I noticed that the
enabled-by-default "Scientific American (partial)" rule in
HTTPS-Everywhere was the culprit.  I disabled that rule and the page
appeared properly immediately, without me even having to reload.

Example page:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/scicurious-brain/

I'm using HTTPS-Everywhere 4.0dev2 on Firefox 18.0.1 on Windows 7 x64.

Not sure why HTTPS-Everywhere wasn't updating, but I just manually told
Firefox to update its extensions, and now I'm on 4.0dev5, and the
problem still exists if I don't disable the rule.  Instead of "partial"
the SciAm rule should probably be labeled "partially broken."

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com

"Weary the path that does not challenge. Doubt is an incentive to truth
and patient inquiry leadeth the way." - Hosea Ballou