[HTTPS-Everywhere] Adding exceptions

Yang Zhang yanghatespam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:05:13 PST 2013

Over the past couple months this issue has persisted.  I looked into
it some more recently, and here is the information so far:

- I'm using Chrome

- The website in question is already accessed via HTTPS only; no HTTP in sight

- The web application is actually just ReviewBoard

- The failing request/response is an AJAX POST

- With HTTPS Everywhere disabled, everything works fine always

- With it enabled, I get an error frequently (but not always)

- When I compare the requests made with/without HTTPS Everywhere, they
are identical

POST /review/api/json/reviewrequests/8167/reviews/draft/publish/ HTTP/1.1
Host: XXX
Connection: keep-alive
Cookie: rbsessionid=XXX; collapsediffs=True

- I found that the error is that the response does not show up
correctly in Chrome. Using the built-in Chrome Developer Tools
console's Network tab, I see nothing under the Response sub-tab ("This
request has no response data available"), and Chrome itself generally
does not register this as having come through successfully (e.g. the
page JS doesn't get the callback, the row in the Network tab is
highlighted red with "(fail)" under Status, etc.)

- The bizarre part: I can see response headers under the Headers sub-tab:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK