[HTTPS-Everywhere] How can I distinguish between stable and unstable rules?

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Fri Feb 8 10:19:55 PST 2013

Robert Picard writes:

> I'm working on a program that uses the HTTPS Everywhere rulesets. I'd like to be able to use only
> stable rules, but I can't find a way to identify them programmatically. Somebody pointed out to me that
> the Chrome extension separates the two, it makes me think that there is some mechanism for this, but
> I haven't been able to find it in the source.
>
> I'd appreciate a little insight into this!

Hi,

This distinction refers to two different git branches in our repository.
The stable rules are those in the "stable" git branch, while the unstable
rules are those in the "master" git branch.  So if you do

git checkout stable

in a copy of the HTTPS Everywhere git tree, you'll see the stable rules
in src/chrome/content/rules.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/