[HTTPS-Everywhere] Demo: HTTPS Switch Planner

Nick Semenkovich nick at semenkovich.com
Tue Dec 31 08:23:46 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 10:21 PM, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <jsha at newview.org>wrote:

> Nick said:
> > Maybe we can default-off switchPlannerMode on extension load?
>
> Will do. I think I'll also put a 1-hour or 24-hour timer on it to
> automatically turn it off when not in active use. That also mitigates
> the fact that this serves an alternate copy of browser history when it's
> turned on. Speaking of which, do you know any way to listen for "clear
> browser history" events so we can clear our caches?

Looks like this does the trick:
chrome.history.onVisitRemoved.addListener(...) [
https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/history.html]

You could hackishly make this better by setting your own canary history

I think this would trigger a new permissions warning in the manifest.js
though ... bleh.

--
Nick Semenkovich
Laboratory of Dr. Jeffrey I. Gordon