[HTTPS-Everywhere] wrong FAQ "Q. Why use a whitelist of sites that support HTTPS?"

Claudio Moretti flyingstar16 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 01:56:42 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Micah Lee <micah at eff.org> wrote:

> > Nevertheless, I agree: maybe we could pick some other examples?
>
> Good point. Any good suggested rules to demonstrate these points?

I was looking around, and I think store.linksys.com has the same problem.

More precisely:

<target host="*.linksys.com" />
>         <exclusion pattern="^http://store\.linksys\.com/(?!\w+\.css$|css/|imagecache/|images/|moduleimages/)"
> />
> <target host="linksys-content.vcommerce.com" />
> [...]
>
> <rule from="^http://(?:www\.)?linksys\.com/"
>        to="https://www.linksys.com/" />
>
> <rule from="^http://(community|store|support)\.linksys\.com/"
>        to="https://$1.linksys.com/" />

store.linksys.com should redirect to HTTPS, with the exclusion of
"/(?!\w+\.css$|css/|imagecache/|images/|moduleimages/)".

But as you can see in

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2369/wngt.png

that rule is active, but the store is loaded over HTTP :/

I have no idea what's happening. Help?

Claudio