[HTTPS-Everywhere] https-only mode: in scope?

Chris Wilper cwilper at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 07:14:34 PDT 2013

Hi Micah,

Thanks for getting back. Although I did end up doing this as an independent
extension, I still think it would be great to have an https-only mode
directly in HTTPS Everywhere, and would be glad to work on it. I'm not as
familiar with the Chromium side of things, but I could certainly give it a
shot. I like the idea of just making it an about:config pref for now. Would
it make most sense to do this work against the master branch, or some other
branch?

Also, fyi I just published a blog post yesterday on why I think this kind
of capability is important:
http://rx4g.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/why-browsers-need-encrypted-only-mode/It
mentions HTTPS Everywhere as well as the independent extension I did,
but the the post actually goes further and argues for this as a core
browser feature. I may be in the minority on that opinion, but it did spark
some interesting discussion in /r/netsec (linked from the top of the post).

Thanks,
Chris