[HTTPS-Everywhere] Working version of HTTPS Everywhere for Internet Explorer

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu Sep 27 11:13:33 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 08:43:45PM -0700, Julien Sobrier wrote:
> Hello,
>  I have a working version of HTTPS Everywhere for Internet Explorer:
> * HTTP/HTTPS transactions are modified, and redirected according to the
> rules
> * HTTPS cookies are secured according to the rules
>
> I'm testing all the existing rules one by one to make sure the extension
> works fine, and if any change is needed. I'm finding rules that need to
> be updated. For example, the rule for 1and1.com does not work very well
> on Firefox and Internet Explorer. The following exclusion would be needed:
> <exclusion pattern="^https://www\.1and1\.com/(xml/|\?__)"/>
>
> Where should I Send suggestions for changes to the existing rules?

Hi Julien,

By far the best way to do this is by making the changes in git, pushing them
to a personal git remote (you can get a free one at github), and asking us to
merge them.

There are some tips on how to do that here:

https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/development

Since you're on Windows and git has *nix origins, you might want to consult
resources like this too:

http://windows.github.com/help.html

The IRC channel is a great place to ask questions if you need git help, just
make sure to stay in the channel so you get the answer if it comes hours/days
later.  If that is too tricky, you could email Seth and I.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131