[HTTPS-Everywhere] Incompatibilities between HTTPS Everywhere for Chrome and Keep {My, More} Opt Outs

Mike West mkwst at google.com
Fri Nov 2 16:56:47 PDT 2012

-BCC other googlers.

Keep My Opt-Outs is me. Keep More Opt-Outs is a fork, as is "Protect My
Choices" and probably others. :)

KMOO watches for changes to cookies and overwrites them if they diverge
from the opt-out text specified in the registry. If the name and domain
match, it should simply leave them alone:
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-opt-out-extension/source/browse/trunk/chrome/KMOO.Cookie.js#97

Is HTTPSEverywhere modifying the cookies in ways other than setting the
secure flag?

--
Mike West <mkwst at google.com>, Developer Advocate
Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München, Germany