[HTTPS-Everywhere] error messages from HTTPS using proxy

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Tue May 22 11:22:18 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:15:10PM -0500, John wrote:
> I am seeing a lot of the following error message in Firefox's error console
> while using the proxy feature of this site
> (https://startpage.com/proxy/uk/help.html), which I expect to use frequently
> from now on:
>
> HTTPS Everywhere: no loadgroup notificationCallbacks for
> https://s7-us2.ixquick-proxy.com/cgi-bin/spg/ccspacer?anticache=457
>
> I'm not really sure what that means, but any ideas what is causing it or how
> to avoid it? Thanks.

I've never seen that warning event occur before.  What version of Firefox, and
what version of HTTPS Everywhere, are you running?

(The exception is occuring in part of HTTPS Everywhere that tries to
work out which window a particular http/https request is coming from, in order
to populate the toolbar context menu correctly:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/blob/HEAD:/src/components/https-everywhere.js#l358
)

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131