[HTTPS-Everywhere] How to localize this plugin ?

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu Mar 1 00:15:38 PST 2012

Christopher Meng writes:

> I want to translate, howto ?

Hi,

If you get our development source tree from

https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git

you'll see that it includes a directory src/chrome/locale, which
contains various subdirectories named after language codes
(currently "ar  de  en  es  fa  lt  lv  nl  pt  ru  sv  zh-CN").
If you make a new directory and copy the three files from "en"
into it, and then edit them to contain translated strings, the
resulting changes will let us add support for a new language.

We're also about to experiment with using the Transifex web site
to manage translations.  If you're interested in trying to translate
on Transifex instead of by editing a text file, you can sign up
at Transifex and then submit translations for the three files
starting with "HTTPS Everywhere" under

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/torproject/resources/

The existing translation completion statuses on Transifex are a little
bit misleading.  In order to avoid errors, we've included the English
version of every string that hasn't been translated yet, so for
example Transifex things the German translation of ssl-observatory.dtd
at

https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/torproject/resource/3-https-everywhere-ssl-observatory-dtd/l/de/view/

is 100% complete, when it's really 0% complete.

Thanks for your interest in translating!  Let us know if we can help
in any way.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/