[HTTPS-Everywhere] New stable version needed

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Tue Jan 10 14:22:22 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 08:45:07PM +0300, Osama Khalid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It has been a while since the stable version was updated.  I think
> it's time to release version 2.0 so stable channel users and (more
> importantly) Tor Bundles can have the latest updates.

We now have a new stable release, but it isn't 2.0.  Things we need for a 2.0
stable release are:

- A new 2.0 development release, to check the current state of all the
  rulesets and make sure there are no grave problems before we push things to
  stable

- We're waiting for three important translations of the UI: Spanish (done,
  being reviewed), Arabic (in the hands of a translator, but not done), and
  Farsi (we still need to find a translator!).

I believe the translations are especially important for the Tor bundle users
since those users will get the popup asking them if they want to use the
Decentralized SSL Observatory, and I think that needs to be translated for the
most-affected user populations.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131