[HTTPS-Everywhere] Fancy proxy-based port of HTTPS Everywhere for Windows

Brad Rees brad at bradleyrees.com
Tue Jan 3 17:17:52 PST 2012

Hi Peter,

It's great to hear back from someone about my application, I hope you find
it useful. There is also a quick summary of it here, in case you missed it:
http://bradleyrees.com/blog/2011/07/rules-engine-for-http/.

So far it seems to work quite well, although there are a couple of issues
that would need addressing before endorsing it for use by the general
public. That said I am usually able to run it on my 3 PCs all the time with
good results.

I don't currently support the securecookie element - I think I have a
solution, but it will require some testing as I don't intercept any traffic
once it switches to HTTPS. I would also like to add support for detecting
redirect loops when the server tries to drop the client back to HTTP. Other
than that it seems to be working as expected.

I'm just having an issue pushing my latest changes back to Github right
now, although the installer MSI is using the HttpsEverywhere v1.2 rule set,
so it is best to use that for the moment. I'll try pushing the changes
again tonight, once I get back to my development PC.

Cheers

Brad

--

Brad Rees