[HTTPS-Everywhere] Google Searches

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Wed Feb 29 08:55:26 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:45:22AM -0600, Russell Golden wrote:

> I would love to see it toggle-able. I don't see why stuff being sent
> over HTTP when clicking on Google search results matters. Is it sent
> from Google over HTTP, or is it sent from your client via HTTP?

Agree that it should ideally be toggleable if we can find a reasonably
intuitive way to add that to the UI.  As for HTTP: www.google.com sends
POSTS your search terms over HTTP to advertisers if you click an ad; the
issue is confidentiality of your search terms with respect to the network.

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131