[HTTPS-Everywhere] Chromes built in HTTPS site list

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Sun Feb 26 20:47:15 PST 2012

Mike Cardwell writes:

> Are you aware that Chrome now contains a built in list of sites which
> should always use HTTPS?
>
> https://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/net/base/transport_security_state.cc?content-type=text%2Fplain

Yes, I remember talking to agl about it when it was introduced.

> There aren't that many in there at the moment, but anyone with an HTTPS
> site (no matter how small) can get their domain added to the list... If
> it picks up, it might be a good source for new HTTPS-Everywhere rulesets.

Good point.  In fact, checking this against our existing rules already
just caught an important one: googlemail.com.

I'll make a script to monitor this list and generate HTTPS Everywhere
rules from it.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/