[HTTPS-Everywhere] Firefox Mobile

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Fri Aug 3 12:06:43 PDT 2012

If anyone wants to hack on HTTPS E on mobile devices, the "mobile" branch in
this remote contains the right Application IDs to be installable in Fennec and
Firefox Mobile for Android:

git://gitweb.torproject.org/pde/https-everywhere.git

BUT BE WARNED.  INSTALLING THIS CODE IS EXPECTED TO BREAK YOUR FIREFOX MOBILE
BROWSER, AND WE CANNOT HELP YOU FIX THAT.  YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO UNBREAK IT
YOURSELF, WHICH MAY REQUIRE HAVING A COMMAND LINE ON YOUR PHONE, KNOWING HOW
TO EDIT FIREFOX PROFILES BY HAND, MANUALLY BUILDING AND INSTALLING SAFE
REPLACEMENT .xpi FILES, OR OTHER EXOTIC METHODS.

OK, if you are crazy enough to agree to the above, I have a sample build here:

https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-mobile-experimental.xpi

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Technology Projects Director      Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131