[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere RPM on Fedora and EPEL not working - feedback wanted

Russell Golden niveusluna at niveusluna.org
Mon Apr 30 08:19:53 PDT 2012

Hello. I just tested HTTPS Everywhere 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 in RPM form on
Fedora 16, using Firefox 11.0 and 12.0, and on RHEL6 Server with
Firefox 10.0.4. It doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. It works
fine on my CentOS6 install with Firefox 10.0.4, and on Windows with
Firefox 12.0, so I don't know what's going on.

When I install the XPI directly from the EFF website, it seems to work fine.

Perhaps it's checking for rules in the user's profile? When installed
via RPM, the files go into /usr/share/mozilla/<UUID>, which obviously
will not work if the rules are being searched for in the user's
profile directory.

Russell Golden
Fedora Project Contributor
niveusluna at niveusluna.org
(972) 836-7128
--
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will
add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your