[HTTPS-Everywhere] compatibility with other add-on

Loic J. Duros lduros at gnu.org
Tue Apr 24 13:30:08 PDT 2012

On 04/20/2012 02:27 PM, Justin Samuel wrote:
>>  On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 01:39:16PM -0400, Loic J. Duros wrote:
>  Here's how RequestPolicy uses this notification.
>
>  First, RequestPolicy registers to observe the
>  "https-everywhere-uri-rewrite" topic:
>
>  https://github.com/RequestPolicy/requestpolicy/blob/master/src/components/requestpolicyService.js#L499
>
>  Once registered to observe this topic, here is where RequestPolicy
>  receives notifications:
>
>  https://github.com/RequestPolicy/requestpolicy/blob/master/src/components/requestpolicyService.js#L1619

Hi Justin:

Thanks again for your detailed response on this. I've tried adding the
https-everywhere new notification to my observer, but for some reason I
never see it triggered with https-everywhere 2 on (I downloaded it from
the EFF website) along with Firefox Nightly. I even tried to output a
message in the console in RequestPolicy and never see it coming up,
although I do see messages coming up in the console when I output them
at the on-modify-request or on-examine-response notifications, ... Does
this only work with certain versions of EFF and Firefox?

Many thanks,