[HTTPS-Everywhere] Some observations and a question about the 1.0.3 update

Elliott Barnes elliottabarnes at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:07:30 PDT 2011

Hi, how are you guys doing?

I've just received the update to the extension, and have noticed that
ever since updating, on some sites, my windows "click" sound plays
multiple times. Here's how to reproduce:

1. Download the NavSounds Firefox extension
(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/navigational-sounds/).

2. Perform a Google search (I personally use the toolbar in the
Firefox window). Click on any search result, and you should notice
that the default navigation sound is only heard once.

3. Install the HTTPS Everywhere extension, and once again perform a
search. You should notice that the navigational sound can be heard
multiple times.

This doesn't only occur with Google; I've just used that particular
site as an example. When browsing other pages, the sound can also be
heard more than once. This obviously isn't a serious issue, but I was
just wondering if you had any ideas as to why the latest update would
cause this behavior.

Finally, I was reading through the changelog for the latest update,
and noticed that several issues concerning OpenDNS have been fixed.
Were these issues relating to invalid certificate errors? I've been
getting a lot lately, and was wondering if OpenDNS was the cause; the
error says that *.opendns.com is the problem, so I guess it's
something to do with them.

Cheers, and keep up the good work. :)

Elliott.