[HTTPS-Everywhere] Transformations for regex capturing parentheses desirable?

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Thu Sep 15 15:50:10 PDT 2011

J.B. Nicholson-Owens writes:

> [...] specify that $1 should be altered in a specific way:
> lowercase it.
>
> Is this desirable in more places than my particular ruleset?
>
> Is there a desirable way to do something like this (I'm thinking
> another attribute on the rule element indicating which variable to
> transform and how to transform it)?
>
> Thanks for your feedback.

I haven't encountered any other sites with this particular requirement.
So far, regular expression substitutions with backreferences (and
exclusion patterns) have been enough for all the transformations
people have needed to do.

--
Seth Schoen  <schoen at eff.org>
Senior Staff Technologist                       https://www.eff.org/