[HTTPS-Everywhere] My feedbacks and questions about HTTP Everywhere

Andrew Sillers apsillers at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:03:47 PDT 2011

Sonny,

> Why the add-on cannot be found on AMO (addons.mozilla.org) ?

Please see https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/faq/#amo.  It is not because
HTTP Everywhere violates any AMO rules, but because the EFF feels that
Mozilla does not adequately protect users' download information.  I don't
think self-hosting the application through AMO would prevent Mozilla from
tracking those downloads and holding that information under the same
privacy policy -- but I'm not 100% sure.

Andrew