[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere question

Jake Hartz jake3311 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 19:20:18 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have a Firefox extension that seems to conflict with HTTPS Everywhere
(which I love, by the way). Whenever it tries to make an XMLHttpRequest to
YouTube (such as one to "
http://www.youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=Tx1XIm6q4r4"), it fails
(although it works fine when HTTPS Everywhere isn't installed). When
listening to onreadystatechange on the XHR object, it is only called once
(with a readyState of 1 and HTTP status 0). It is acting as if the request
fails right in the middle of loading. Do you think you would know anything
more about this? (If I use HTTPS instead of HTTP in the XHR object, it works
fine, so I might just do this - but I might have to do a bit of testing to
make sure it still works as expected.)

Thanks,
Jake