[HTTPS-Everywhere] Abebooks.com Ruleset

Colonel Graff graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:47:11 PDT 2011

Hey all,

I work freelance for a small business which sells books on Abebooks. I
recommended they install HTTPS Everywhere development versions and keep them
up-to-date. They didn't notice anything until recently when they had to
update their database. They called me complaining that they weren't
receiving confirmation that Abebooks was receiving their file. I ran over
quickly and determined it was the Abebooks rule. By default, Abe uses http
for uploading precious corporate information like this. I was wondering if
someone here could shoot someone there an email. I'm sure you're all more
qualified to tell them what they need to do to fix this problem with their
HTTPS support. In the meantime, you guys might want to update it to turn it
off by default. I'm sure this is an issue people who use HTTPS Everywhere
won't normally encounter, but I also wonder how many use Abebooks (although
they probably should).

Thanks,
Graff