[HTTPS-Everywhere] Fwd: URGENT! BROKEN SSL MitM Vulnerability for HTTPS Everywhere --- RE: HTTPS Everywhere doesn't cover all Facebook sub domains

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Fri May 6 12:04:38 PDT 2011

It turns out there are a lot of people out there who have accidentally
misconfigured their Firefoxes to not support TLS/SSLv3.  Removing SSLv2
support altogether makes https://www.eff.org completely inaccessible to these
people, but I guess that's a problem we're going to have to live with.

There is supposed to be a second layer of defense here, too: it shouldn't be
possible to modify the URL and updateHash in the update.rdf file -- that file
is signed, and last time I tested it Firefox would refuse to upgrade via an
unsigned update.rdf.  But I'll double check this.