[HTTPS-Everywhere] Time to merge a listview patch into HTTPS Everywhere

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Tue May 3 11:02:05 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 08:55:23AM +0200, Stefan Tomanek wrote:
> Dies schrieb Peter Eckersley (pde at eff.org):
>
> > Against it:
> >
> > - Scrolling seems to be really slow for some reason
>
> I cannot reproduce this behaviour, which system and FF version are you
> using?

It's the latest FF/Iceweasel (3.5.19) in Debian unstable.  The code is in the
"stefan" branch of my remote:
(git://gitweb.torproject.org/pde/https-everywhere.git)

> I might also add that my patch allows keyboard navigation - so if you are
> looking for the rule named "eBay", simply enter "eb" in the listview and the
> selection jumps there.

Noted.  Katmagic's patch has a search box; both of these are nice.  Also I want
to be clear that this shouldn't be seen as a contest -- you both did great
work writing these patches and it's really my fault for not having merged one
promptly enough so that a second one got written.  Sometimes the perfect is
the enemy of the good!

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131