[HTTPS-Everywhere] https everywhere problem

Chris Palmer chris at eff.org
Mon Mar 28 08:47:04 PDT 2011

Hi Arthur,

> Just upgraded to firefox 4.0, had to disable https everywhere because it
> prevented me from accessing washingtonpost.com  (404 error always).

This is a known problem with washingtonpost.com; they broke their HTTPS
implementation.

Rather than disable HTTPS Everywhere, you can simply disable the
washingtonpost.com rule. Go to Tools -> Add-Ons, and then click
Preferences for the HTTPS-Everywhere add-on. Then un-check the
WashingtonPost box.

--
Chris Palmer
Technology Director, Electronic Frontier Foundation