[HTTPS-Everywhere] The context menu has landed

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Sat Jun 25 13:19:33 PDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 04:56:12PM +0800, Drake, Brian wrote:
>    - optimisation (https?://(www.)?example.com/ →
>    https://www.example.com/, where https://example.com/ would have
>    redirected to https://www.example.com/ anyway);

I don't think this kind of rules should be accepted because it does
not provide a known encryption advantage, but I may support it if
https://example.com/ results in a certificate warning.

>    - controlling content from untrusted domains
>    (https?://apps.facebook.com/→ https://example.com/fbAppGateway/).

This kind of rules shouldn't be accepted at all since it redirects
users to a provider other than the one they choose, which could be
even more dangerous than insecurely connecting the original website.

--Osama Khalid