[HTTPS-Everywhere] Tor Bundles are in the way!

Colonel Graff graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 08:18:57 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Osama Khalid <osamak at gnu.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 11:54:12AM +0200, Robert Malmgren wrote:
> > We would like to do another run, but that is less important to us
> > than our next project: a Decentralized Observatory, in which clients
> > all over the world send us results piecemeal and continually, from
> > their perspective on the internet. We are building the database on
> > one of our servers, and the client will be bundled with our Firefox
> > plugin HTTPS Everywhere.
> >
> > The Decentralized Observatory is in development and Coming Real Soon
> > Now. :)
>
> Thanks for quoting, this looks interesting!

It does look interesting but I am a bit concerned about how it will work.
When will
rulesets be 'downloaded' or 'applied'? If it is at pageload, will it affect
pageload times
because it is requesting from the Observatory? Will it be susceptible to
mitm attacks
which might insert fake rulesets with redirects to imposter websites? Will
it just serve
as a sort of git repo that updates everytime you start Firefox and updates
the rulesets?