[HTTPS-Everywhere] separate rules from addon

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu Jan 20 08:32:16 PST 2011

Part of the issue here is that changes to the rules are just as capable of
breaking things as changes to the extension's JavaScript.  We could try to
release more often, or we could have a nightly git branch of the extension, or
we could have the rules updated separately, and all of these would have the
effect of moving both bugfixes and new bugs make into people's browsers faster
:).

Perhaps one thing that's worth considering is for people on the mailing lists
to signal clearly when they think there's a change that deserves a new
development (or stable) release, and I'll make one.