[HTTPS-Everywhere] bugs.mysql.com doesn't support https

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Fri Feb 11 11:33:34 PST 2011

https-everywhere at lists.grepular.com writes:

> On 10/02/2011 09:00, Seth David Schoen wrote:
>
> >> www.m.c and dev.m.c are https-enabled, but bugs.m.c isn't. Please add
> >> an exclusion rule for b.m.c.
> >
> > I actually ran into a problem with dev.mysql.com earlier today (when
> > setting up a MySQL database) -- the content in HTTPS there is not
> > the same as the content in HTTP.  I'l exclude both of them.
>
> Hmm. I submitted the original rule. I'm usually much more careful to not
> miss things like this. Apologies for the oversight.

I think it's tricky because https://dev.mysql.com/ does respond, with
plausible content and no errors -- it just happens to be a clone of
http://www.mysql.com/ rather than http://dev.mysql.com/, which is probably
a simply misconfiguration on the MySQL people's part (and might have
happened after you first created the rule).

Maybe we should write to them and ask them to make https://dev correspond
to http://dev.

--
Seth Schoen
Senior Staff Technologist                         schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    https://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107