[HTTPS-Everywhere] [tor-talk] reddit.com wants EFF to disable HTTPS???

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Tue Aug 9 10:51:03 PDT 2011

I'm resistant to this.  We could do subscriptions if absolutely necessary, but
subscriptions make the extension less usable and more complicated.  Plus the
whole ruleset maintenance problem is multiplied by the number of
subscriptions the community maintains.

For now the objective remains: if a ruleset is not causing problems, it's on
by default.  If it's of some value, but also causes some problems, it's off by
default.

Reddit, StumbleUpon and a few others will be moved from the former category to
the latter until they're reported to be working for everyone.