[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere and reddit.com

Neil Williams neil at reddit.com
Fri Aug 5 12:31:22 PDT 2011

Hi there,

We noticed that you added reddit to the HTTPS Everywhere extension
using pay.reddit.com. This is causing a lot of issues for users
because our certificates aren't set up for general purpose use (Akamai
issues etc.). We don't support HTTPS at the moment for anywhere on the
site except the self-serve advertising purchase pages. I love your
extension and we will be upgrading reddit to fully support HTTPS, but
that's not the case right now :( Is there anything you can do to stop
them from using pay.reddit.com from your extension?

Thanks,
Neil