[HTTPS-Everywhere] Fwd: Https everywhere and the Firefox toolbar search field

Chris Palmer chris at eff.org
Tue Apr 12 11:08:25 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Https everywhere and the Firefox toolbar search field
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:48:28 +0200
From: Roger <rxt360 at gmail.com>
To: webmaster at eff.org

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right mail address to ask this question,
but trying won't hurt.

I have installed the HTTPS Everywhere add-on for Firefox and I think
this is a great add-on. I wonder if this works with the toolbar search
field as well. When I use that the results show up in Google-SSL, but
I suppose the request first goes to the normal page, and then
redirects. Is that how it works, or does the add-on catch the request
and rewrites that before it is sent? I think this could be explained
in the FAQ as well, for clarity.

Kind regards,

Roger
Netherlands