[HTTPS-Everywhere] Fwd: HTTPS?

Frank Corrigan email at franciscorrigan.com
Mon Sep 20 04:44:31 PDT 2010

FYI

----- Original message -----
From: "franciscorrigan at aol.com" <franciscorrigan at aol.com>
To: support at tumblr.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:24:36 +0100
Subject: HTTPS?

Dear Tumblr,

Can you advise why you do not advertise the fact that it is possible to
login and sign up to Tumblr via HTTPS encrypted urls?

Plus could I request that when using the Dashboard it would also be via
HTTPS on a persistent basis, these options are available on most other
popular blogging platforms and as you have enabled HTTPS for login and
Dashboard Tumblr seem to have technically arranged for it to be
impossible to enable HTTPS once logged on.

Plus I do think it would be nice to have HTTPS functions enabled when
accessing anyones Tumblr blog and when they are using mapped domain
names, whilst this may invoke a SSL Cert error response, having such
choice is important to protect users privacy and security.

Services like GMAIL, Google, Facebook and Wordpress all offer persistent
HTTPS connections.

If Tumblr was to do as I suggest your Privacy Policy would have more
credibility:

"Tumblr, Inc. (“Tumblr”) takes the private nature of your personal
information very seriously."
http://www.tumblr.com/privacy_policy

An example of the growing trend toward persistent HTTPS being enabled is
HTTPS everywhere:
https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

Yours faithfully
Francis Corrigan