[HTTPS-Everywhere] Enable/disable toggle in status bar?

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Fri Oct 29 13:16:49 PDT 2010

On 10/29/2010 4:08 PM, Peter Eckersley wrote:
>> Remember that ff4 doesn't have the bottom bar

> That's a pity.  I guess we use the toolbar instead?

I've got a bottom status bar in FF4B6. If they remove it for FF4 final
without an option to turn it back on, they're going to piss off a LOT of
users, since a LOT of extensions make use of the status bar (It's also
often a quick way of determining whether a link is malicious or
legitimate). I know I've seen old screen shots of B7-pre that didn't
have a status bar, and I kind of wonder if that's why B7 still hasn't
been been released, despite originally being scheduled for September.

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-               AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7               -

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one
begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit
facts." - Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)