[HTTPS-Everywhere] NY Times rule doesn't work

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Tue Oct 26 19:44:47 PDT 2010

On 10/26/2010 5:45 PM, Peter Eckersley wrote:
> Strange.  Erik, can you find a reproducible URL that triggers this, or get us
> a Live HTTP Headers trace of one of these failed NYTimes queries?

I got two different links that did the same thing. I didn't try just
going to the www.nytimes.com root. I'm traveling right now, though, and
my laptop has Firefox 3.6 and not 4.0b6. Either someone else will have
to respond to this, or I'll try to do it this weekend (though I've got a
ridiculously busy weekend).

I did see that I wasn't the only person to report that the NYT website
didn't work in 4.0b6 with HTTPS-Everywhere.

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-               AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7               -

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell