[HTTPS-Everywhere] NY Times rule doesn't work

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Sun Oct 24 08:23:28 PDT 2010

On 10/16/2010 2:19 PM, Peter Eckersley wrote:
> 0.2.3.development.1:
>    * Support for the Firefox 4 API
>    * The Amazon rule was causing a lot of glitches; it is now off by default
>    * Control log verbosity with an about:config variable
>    * Numerous minor rule adjustments

The NYTimes.com rule should similarly be disabled. I've twice tried to
link to NYT articles from email, and both times, the result was a blank
page, with no code. The URL remained "http" and not "https" too.  I
disabled that rules in HTTPS-Everywhere, and voila, NYTimes works just fine.

I'm using Firefox 4.0b6 in Windows 7 x64.

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-               AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7               -

"I feel no need for any other faith than my faith in the kindness of
human beings. I am so absorbed in the wonder of earth and the life upon
it that I cannot think of heaven and angels." - Pearl S. Buck