[HTTPS-Everywhere] Wikipedia problem with latest release

Rich Wales richw at richw.org
Thu Oct 21 08:41:47 PDT 2010

> Whenever I click on a link to a Wikipedia page from Google's search
> results it never leads me to the right page.

I'm confused.  As best I can tell, the two URL's you gave in your e-mail
(one allegedly wrong, the other right) are identical.

> https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Project_Eldest_Son

This is correct, and it works just fine for me.  (I tried it just now.)

I wish the secure Wikipedia site(s) would use URL's that were the same as
the regular URL's, except with "http" changed to "https", but this isn't
the way the Wikimedia Foundation people decided to do it.

I've been accessing the secure Wikipedia site via HTTPS-Everywhere for
several months now.  Indeed, my discovery of HTTPS-Everywhere was a direct
result of my desire to use the secure Wikipedia site automatically and
exclusively.

Rich Wales
richw at richw.org
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/User:Richwales