[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS-Everywhere doesn't work in Firefox 4.0b6

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Thu Oct 14 20:49:46 PDT 2010

On 10/14/2010 11:35 PM, Rich Wales wrote:
>> However, HTTPS-Everywhere from git works on Firefox 4.
>> https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git
>
> No difference for me when I installed it just now.
> (https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/tree/master:/pkg/https-everywhere-devel.xpi)

Ditto.  In fact, this version seems to be OLDER than the release
version.  The newest release version is 0.2.2, and this is 0.2.1.dev.1.
I don't think the git site has a compiled version of the current
development version. I think that is here:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/tree/HEAD:/src

It looks like you'd need to download each individual file (I don't see
an option to download all of them at once) and then ZIP them all up into
an XPI file and install that in Firefox.

Is anyone storing a compiled snapshot of the current development version
for those of us who aren't familiar with the "git" system and aren't
inclined to install a version software control package on our systems
just for this one Firefox extension?

--

Erik Harris

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the
intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell