[HTTPS-Everywhere] Git repositories available

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Thu Oct 7 13:51:27 PDT 2010

>> Most likely the only remote you'll need to pay attention to is schoen.
>> We plan on compiling all rules sent to this mailinglist to that remote
>> under the branch name "every-last-rule". Slightly more tested
>> rules should appear under the branch name "tested-rules".

%git pull  git://git.torproject.org/schoen/https-everywhere.git
fatal: Couldn't find remote ref HEAD
%

Are the repos not up yet or am I missing something?

I have a few rules which I'll be submitting soon hopefully.

A few questions about the types of rules you want
a) Do you want to restrict the rulesets to "popular" websites or do
you accept rules for web pages that might have very few hits?

b) Do you accept rules that redirect where the silly
anti-self-signed-cert warning appears? I would use them because they
are safer than the alternative, but the warning might scare newer
users.

c) Do you accept rules for websites that already implement STS or
would that just add bloat?

> If any of the material there could be considered copyrightable, i offer
> it all under the same license as the HTTPS Everywhere extension itself
> (GPL-2+).

It is too bad that the license isn't the most free it could be, but I
guess its good enough for this project.

PS the home page uses "domain.com" as an example you may want to
change that to example.com per RFC 2606.

--
Eitan Adler