[HTTPS-Everywhere] Fw: Bug? Built in rules get lost upon own rules...

David A. Gershman dagershman at dagertech.net
Wed Oct 6 14:05:45 PDT 2010

I'm running 'HTTPS-Everwhere 02.2' on FF 3.6.10 on WinXPsp2 and when
just installed, there are plenty of checkboxes for the built-in rules.
Furthermore the HTTPSEverywhereUserRules/ subdirectory is empty.  I
think this is how a "straight install" should look.

Based on

  https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/rulesets

I wrote my own rule set for my own server hosting 6 different domain
names.  Here is the rule set:

<ruleset name="DaGerTech" match_rule="http:.*dagertech\.">
  <rule from="^http://(.*)\.dagertech\.net"
          to="https://$1.dagertech.net">
  <rule from="^http://(.*)\.dagertech\.com"
          to="https://$1.dagertech.com">
  <rule from="^http://(.*)\.dagertech\.org"
          to="https://$1.dagertech.org">
  <rule from="^http://(.*)\.maribelspixels\.net"
          to="https://$1.maribelspixels.net">
  <rule from="^http://(.*)\.maribelspixels\.com"
          to="https://$1.maribelspixels.com">
  <rule from="^http://(.*)\.maribelspixels\.org"
          to="https://$1.maribelspixels.org">
</ruleset>

I save this in a file named 'dagertech.xml' in the
"HTTPSEverywhereUserRules/" subdirectory and restart Firefox.  First,
the rules are ignored ( a request to http://www.dagertech.net/ is not
re-written) and second, when I go to the Addon's "Options"
dialog, there are *no* checkboxes anymore.  Plus, none of the 3 buttons
presented "OK, Enable All, Cancel" do anything anymore.  I must use the
'x' in the upper-right corner to close the dialog box.  Lastly, no,
there are no messages in the Error Console.

Help?

David A. Gershman
gershman at dagertech.net

David A. Gershman