[HTTPS-Everywhere] Problems with HTTPS Everywhere

Dan Sumption dan at sumption.org
Sun Nov 28 08:44:25 PST 2010

I'm having a few problems with HTTPS everywhere.

The biggest problems are with Google - HTTPS Everywhere takes me to a
different Google site from the normal one. Among other things, this
Google site seems to assume that I am in the USA (links for products &
shopping all give me $$$ prices and US retailers). Most annoyingly, I
can find no way to get to Google Images from the encrypted page - on
normal searches, there is a really handy link to Images from every
search page (and many search results include images). On the encrypted
page, however, there is no way to get to the images search unless I
either can remember & manually type the image search URL, or turn off
HTTPS Everywhere.

I've also had a problem with sites such as paper.li which require me
to sign in via Twitter. When I do this, I'm presented with the
following error message:

"Woah there!
This page is no longer valid. It looks like someone already used the
token information you provided. Please return to the site that sent
you to this page and try again … it was probably an honest mistake."

Of course, "returning to the site and trying again" always results in
the same error - presumably because the token I've been given is only
valid for the insecure Twitter site.

Dan Sumption