[HTTPS-Everywhere] Breaking Other Websites

Peter Eckersley pde at eff.org
Thu Nov 25 13:59:20 PST 2010

Daniel,

It might be that Firefox isn't sending HTTP-Referer for the HTTPS API
requests.  IIRC the HTTP specification says not to send referers from https
pages to http pages, perhaps the reverse is also implemented.

Which are the problematic rewriting rules?  The rulesets are here:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/blob/HEAD:/src/chrome/content/rules/GoogleAPIs.xml
https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/blob/HEAD:/src/chrome/content/rules/GoogleServices.xml
https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/tree/HEAD:/src/chrome/content/rules

Peter Eckersley                            pde at eff.org
Senior Staff Technologist         Tel  +1 415 436 9333 x131