[HTTPS-Everywhere] Mostly Norwegian rulesets

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Mon Nov 22 00:44:10 PST 2010

Børge A. Roum writes:

> Hi, I've made some rulesets I hope you can use. Mostly for Norwegian sites,
> but also two English ones (ubuntuone.com (important: there's a difference
> between ubuntuone.com and one.ubuntu.com, even though they're the same
> service), statcounter) and the qxl one works on both the Norwegian QXL and
> the Danish one.
>
> The one I've tested the most is Underskog. The others should be tested some
> more.

Thanks!

It looks to me from your exclusion patterns like you might thought that
the rules automatically apply to subdomains, which they don't.  For
instance, in the Gulesider rule, you have

  <exclusion pattern="^http://kundesider\.gulesider\.no/"/>

but the only rewrite rules are

  <rule from="^http://gulesider\.no/" to="https://www.gulesider.no/"/>
  <rule from="^http://www\.gulesider\.no/" to="https://www.gulesider.no/"/>

The exclusion pattern is unnecessary here because kundesider.gulesider.no
could not be matched by either of these rules.

--
Seth Schoen
Senior Staff Technologist                         schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    https://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107