[HTTPS-Everywhere] New rule suggestion

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Wed Nov 17 10:37:16 PST 2010

Tomas Kirkegaard writes:

> ThePirateBay.
> Wasn't in the pending list nor the other lists.

Hi,

It is in pending rules:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/https-everywhere.git/tree/HEAD:/pending-rules

> Also, your app will grow big, I'm sure! And there will be many more
> sites to come. Maybe you should consider listview and not checkboxes
> of all the sites?

In the development version there's now a scrollbar, but we're still
definitely interested in improving this interface and having categories
or hierarchies of rules.

> And further more, why isn't your extension at the Mozilla.com,
> but just a link? Because of this, I need to manually update your
> extension.

The addons.mozilla.org privacy policy isn't as protective as the
privacy policy of either of the organizations that develops HTTPS
Everywhere (EFF and the Tor Project) and so we wanted to be sure
that people still had the protections of our privacy policies when
installing our software.

Once installed, HTTPS Everywhere _does_ automatically update over
the Internet.  However, there hasn't been an official release that
was designated as automatically installable for some time.  There
should be a new one in the next few days.

--
Seth Schoen
Senior Staff Technologist                         schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    https://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107