[HTTPS-Everywhere] Rules pour Facebook FR

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Sun Nov 14 23:04:06 PST 2010

sioban writes:

> Hello,
>
> I think I've made some modifications to handle Facebook FR.
> It simply redirects http://fr-fr.facebook.com to https://fr-fr.facebook.com

Hi Sioban,

Thanks for the rule.

Unfortunately, I got a certificate warning about this site.

The person who sent in a rule for de-de.facebook.com suggested redirecting
it to https://www.facebook.com/ instead of https://de-de.facebook.com/.
(I guess that each user's own language preference will still take
effect, so the user will still be able to view Facebook in their
preferred language.)

Can you try a variant of your rule using a redirection to
https://www.facebook.com/ instead and see if that works for you?

--
Seth Schoen
Senior Staff Technologist                         schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    https://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107