[HTTPS-Everywhere] Stupid Perl Tricks: ssl_check2.pl

Seth David Schoen schoen at eff.org
Fri Nov 5 19:01:29 PDT 2010

Whizz Mo writes:

> In case no one has bothered to write this already, attached is a simple perl
> script to check an http url for https compatibility.
> This script:
>
>    1. fetches the http url
>    2. parses it for fetchable links (images, scripts, frames, other hrefs)
>    3. fetches the fetchable links in http and https
>    4. compares the http and https responses.
>    5. prints report.      (See attached text file for a sample)

Wow, that is way better than the shell script I wrote, which basically
only does 1, 4, and 5 (with a dramatically less useful report).

Note

https://s3.amazonaws.com/alexa-static/top-1m.csv.zip

Maybe someone can have some fun with the combination of the two.

--
Seth Schoen
Senior Staff Technologist                         schoen at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                    https://www.eff.org/
454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA  94110     +1 415 436 9333 x107