[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere 0.2.3.development.2 available

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Wed Nov 3 15:24:13 PDT 2010

On 11/3/2010 1:16 AM, Peter Eckersley wrote:
>> Now I can't get to Amazon.com without disabling its HTTPS-Everywhere
>> profile. Just like the problem a few of us mentioned with NYTimes,

> This bug should be fixed in 0.2.3.development.3, which is now available (and
> should be offered as an auto-update to 0.2.3.development.2 users only, since
> we're testing update signing).

The problem still exists in dev.3. The only difference is that it's
marked as buggy to warn users not to use it.

NYTimes also still has the problem.  I can get to NYTimes.com, but if I
click on any of the stories on the front page, they fail to load. If I
open them in a new tab, they load a blank tab with an http (not https)
URL, behaving exactly as Amazon.com does.  For example:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/business/04auto.html?hp

Again, this is FF4.0b6 in Win7 Pro x64.

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-               AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7               -

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one
begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit
facts." - Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)