[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere bug - Wikipedia

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Sat Jul 24 04:17:33 PDT 2010

On 7/24/2010 4:09 AM, Robert wrote:
> See thread here:
> https://mail1.eff.org/pipermail/https-everywhere/2010-July/000056.html

> 0.2.2 dev3 is available if you have Firefox check for updates,
> alternatively grab it here:
> https://www.eff.org/files/https-everywhere-0.2.2.development.3.xpi

Thanks Rob.

As I mentioned to Peter in an email that wasn't cc'd to the list, I was
able to manually update to dev.3, but when I tried to auto-update it in
Firefox 4.0b1, it told me it updated, but when I restarted Firefox, I
found that the extension had simply been removed entirely. I've never
seen this happen before, and I don't know if it's a bug in the Firefox
beta or in the extension. I haven't seen any of my other extensions
update since installing 4.0b1, so I don't know if this will happen to
all of them. When I manually installed dev.3 from the website, it
successfully installed and stayed installed.

Thanks

--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-               AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7               -

"No one who cannot rejoice in the discovery of his own mistakes deserves
to be called a scholar." - Donald Foster (Writer and Professor at Vassar
College)