[HTTPS-Everywhere] HTTPS Everywhere bug - Wikipedia

Erik Harris erik at eharrishome.com
Fri Jul 23 15:42:29 PDT 2010

I've noticed a rather annoying bug in HTTPS-Everywhere. If you search
for something on Google, and click on the hit from Wikipedia, it takes
you to a 404 error page, attempting to get to
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/ArticleName link that is
not correct.  After the 404 displays for a moments, it attemps to
auto-forward to the redundant-looking
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wikipedia/en/wiki/ArticleName
address, which also doesn't work.

However, when I search Wikipedia directly using Firefox search, it finds
the correct page, at
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/ArticleName - oddly, that
appears to be the same URL as the 404 error when clicking through from
Google.

I'm using HTTPS-Everywhere 0.2.2.development.1 on Firefox 4.0b1 in
Windows 7 x64.
--

Erik Harris                               http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-               AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7               -

"No one who cannot rejoice in the discovery of his own mistakes deserves
to be called a scholar." - Donald Foster (Writer and Professor at Vassar
College)